Sunday 25 October 2009

Up, Up and away!!!


Cheesy title, I know but it has to be :)

So I went to the cinema the other week to finally go see the new Disney Pixar flick "Up" I heard really, really good things about this film for almost a year, I think. So you could say I was expecting quite a lot from this film.

We got to the cinema to find we could only see the film in 3D, oh my I thought, Im not really a fan of 3D, dont really get it but anyway. We got our rather cool 3D specs and found a seat in the cram packed auditorium (haha had to get my dictionary out for that one) and braced ourselves for, personally one of my most exciting cinema moments, ever.

The little film at the beginning, just a little five minute feature that you normally see before a Pixar film was good. Nothing as entertaining as the others I have seen but it got us used to the whole 3D thing which was making my boyfriend have a headache :s.

Im not going to go into the whole ins and outs of the film because everyone knows by now but I will say this. Never before and hopefully not for long time have I ever cried like this whilst watching the first ten minutes of a film. Even the opening sequence from "Saving Private Ryan" didnt get close to the reaction I gave when I watched the beginning of this film. Honestly, it was heart breaking and not something I'm sure children would understand. But that isnt the point, the point is this film just has something about it that pulls on them old heart strings and makes people incredibly involved in this poor mans heartbreak.

I am glad I was not dissapointed by this film, it made me glad I still have faith in Pixar/Disney collaborations (Toy Story 3 better be good).
The characters are loveable and there are some amazing scenes with the house moving through the clouds that must be great to see as a little kid. I was'nt quite sure on the setting for the film, although it did have a "Lion King" feel to it, it just seemed a bit too scary.
I really hope there was some little kid out there who came out of the cinema after watching "Up" like I did when I saw "Toy story" and wondered what happened if dogs and toys really could talk.

9/10 Yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment